The Food Reserve Agency (FRA) was established in 1996 under the Food Reserve Act 1995. It is a parastatal.
The Food Reserve Agency was established in 1996 after the enactment of the Food Reserve Act (1995)
The Agency Head Office is situated in Lusaka in the Light Industrial Area along Manda Road.
The Act was amended in 2005.
Functions before the amendment:
- Administer National Food Reserves
- Management of storage facilities
- Establish and operate a Market Information System
- Promote use of weighing and grading standards
- Assess storage requirements for marketing
Functions after the amendment:
- Administering a National Strategic Reserve
- Marketing and market facilitation
- Management of Storage Facilities